Texas has closed down bars, restaurants, and beach amenities, the medical and governmental authorities are recommending to self-isolate in your home as much as possible, to further encourage the physical distancing of six feet recommended by the CDC, the following actions have or will be taken shortly in our Beach Condominium Resort:
- The pool and hot tub will be closed until further notice.
- The guest computer and printer has been removed.
- Faxing/copy services have been discontinued.
- Mini-maid service has been suspended.
- The exercise room has been closed.
- The tables and chairs have been removed from the cabana.
- The daily placement of the beach umbrellas has been discontinued
We would like to further encourage you to practice physical distancing during your stay, please incorporate the additional following behaviors:
- Limiting one person/one unit per elevator.
- Limiting one person/one unit in the laundry room.
- We thank you for choosing the Galvestonian as your vacation/getaway destination and want to be a part of a memorable stay throughout these uncertain times.
Our aim for everyone at the Galvestonian is the health and safety of Owners, guests, and staff. We continue to monitor COVID-19 (coronavirus) and follow recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization and UT Medical Branch - UTMB COVID 19.This is an update on the steps already taken.
Increasing cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as fitness room, mailroom, elevator cabs, lobby restrooms, lobby area, and laundry room.
Disinfecting highly touched areas such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, and handrails.
Providing appropriate personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies to employees.
Placing hand sanitizers and sanitizer stations in high public areas.
Breakfast, Coffee and Tea.
Eliminating daily coffee and weekend continental breakfast for the time being.
Discontinuing future social events with Owners and guests, such as movie night, smores, and the annual Easter egg hunt.
Eliminating cancellation penalties.
Full refund on early checkouts.
Move reservation to different dates, keeping the original rates.
Requiring employees to stay home if they are sick.
We encourage everyone to follow the CDC guidelines for personal hygiene, especially frequent hand washing and limiting social interactions as necessary.